You can have Bulgur Mujaddara using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bulgur Mujaddara
- You need 2 cups of coarse bulgur.
- It’s 1 cup of brown lentils.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion finely diced.
- It’s 2 of large yellow onions sliced.
- You need 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s of Cumin.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- You need of Mixed seven spices.
- It’s of Nutmeg.
- You need of Water.
Bulgur Mujaddara step by step
- Soak bulgur in tepid water for 20-30 minutes..
- Heat the olive oil then fry the finely chopped onion till soft..
- Drain water from bulgur, the add the bulgur to the frying pan over the onion. Mix over heat for 10 minutes..
- Add all spices to your taste..
- Wash the lentils. Boil till half cooked in water..
- Drain the lentils, add them with the bulgur in a pot. Cover the bulgur with water, boil, the cover the pot on low heat for 20 minutes, the keep covered..
- Fry the sliced onions in 2 tablespoons of olive oil till brownish and crispy..
- Add this oil over your cooked bulgur..
- Dress your plate with your crispy onions. Enjoy!.