Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil.
You can cook Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil
- It’s 500 g of Beef (ground).
- It’s 500 g of Potatoes (diced).
- You need 100 g of Yellow Onions (finely diced).
- It’s 30 g of Chinese Celery (finely diced).
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper Powder.
- Prepare 2 pc of Eggs (beaten).
- You need as needed of Cooking Oil (1 cup).
- Prepare as needed of Salt.
Indonesian Potato Patty – Perkedel/Begedil instructions
- MARINADE: season the Beef with 2 pinches of Salt and 1/2 tsp of White Pepper for 30 minutes or longer..
- ONIONS: in a large wok, heat up 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot and fry the Onions until fragrant. Remove and set aside in a large mixing bowl..
- BEEF: add 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil to the wok and fry the Beef until crispy and brown all over. Remove and place the Beef along with the Onions..
- POTATOES: in a large wok, heat up 1 cup of Cooking Oil and fry the Potatoes until golden. Remove, let it cool and after that, MASH the Potatoes and season with 2 pinches of Salt and the remaining White Pepper..
- PATTY: combine the Mashed Potatoes with the Beef and Onions. Add the Chinese Celery and mix all the ingredients well. Take a ball of the mixture and roll it into a Patty, do this for the rest of the mixture..
- DEEP FRY: coat or brush the Patty with the Beaten Eggs and then in the previous wok, deep fry them until golden brown. You can eat Perkedel like a croquette, or eat it with rice and curry..