Sicilian Cous Cous Salad.
You can cook Sicilian Cous Cous Salad using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sicilian Cous Cous Salad
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 1/3 cups of couscous.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of V-8 juice.
- It’s 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 lb of hot Italian sausage.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of ea tomato, diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
Sicilian Cous Cous Salad step by step
- Coat the sausages with 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and pierce the casing with a fork..
- Grill or broil the sausages until cooked completely through, turning occasionally to evenly cook..
- Set the sausages aside to cool enough to handle..
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium heat..
- When the oil is heated, add the garlic, couscous, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt..
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the couscous starts to brown.
- Stir in the V-8 juice, lemon juice and chicken stock..
- Bring to a simmer..
- Cover the couscous, remove from the heat and let stand five minutes..
- Cut the sausages into bite-sized pieces..
- In a bowl combine the couscous and sausages with the remaining ingredients..
- Toss and serve..