Moroccan chicken tagine. Chicken tagine is a traditional Moroccan dish of chicken pieces braised with spices, garlic, onion, olives, and preserved lemons. It's company-worthy yet easy to throw together. Discover a delicious and authentic Moroccan chicken recipe.
To make Moroccan chicken tagine, you will need some chicken (breast, thighs, or any other part), vegetables of your choice, olive oil, and fresh spices and aromatics. Reviews for: Photos of Moroccan Chicken Tagine. This flavorful Moroccan Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons and Olives is a time-tested classic. You can cook Moroccan chicken tagine using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moroccan chicken tagine
- You need 500 g of chicken (cut into pieces or just thighs).
- Prepare of Chicken liver.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water or chicken broth.
- It’s 2 of onions (grated).
- It’s of Potatoes or other vegetables.
- You need of The pulp of 1 large preserved lemon.
- It’s 1 handful of fresh parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric.
- Prepare of Few leaves of Saffron.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need Pinch of salt and ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s Handful of green olives.
- You need of Bread.
It is guaranteed to transfer you to this exotic country! Mediterranean, Moroccan, Calamata Olives, Chicken, Cinnamon Stick, Green Olives, Lemon Juice, Poultry, Preserved Lemon, Dinner, Main Course. I enjoy shredded chicken dishes, Moroccan seasonings and pita sandwiches. Tagine is the name for both the North African dish and the vessel in which it's prepared.
Moroccan chicken tagine step by step
- Start by preparing the ingredients: Finely chop the pulp of the preserved lemon, and the parsley..
- In a large bowl separate the chicken pieces and combine: the chopped parsley, chopped preserved lemon pulp, ginger, cumin, pepper, turmeric, saffron and olive oil..
- Mix very well the ingredients and make sure that every piece of the chicken is well immersed into the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for around an hour..
- In a medium-large pot, drizzle the olive oil and add the pealed and grated onions, with a little bit of salt and ginger..
- When the onions become soft and transparent, add the chicken with its marinade..
- On low-medium heat, cover the pot and cook for around 15-20..
- When the chicken and the onion both release their juices, add the water and reduce the heat to low. Cover the pot, and let the chicken cook for an hour or so..
- When the chicken has become tender, add the lemon juice, the olives, the chicken liver and the potatoes, and let everything cook uncovered until the sauce thickens..
- Serve when hot, and if you want to eat the Moroccan way, serve with French bread, and eat with your hands..
Let's talk about this tagine for a second: it's crazy good. The dish has so much going on—the fragrant and. This Moroccan chicken tagine skillet has so much incredible flavor that you'll be hard-pressed to I was blown away with it. I am telling you, this Moroccan chicken tagine skillet needs to be on your. BEST Moroccan Chicken recipe you will find.