Greek chicken and couscous. A couscous bowl with loads of veggies, lemony chicken, and tzatziki sauce! Can be made ahead of time and re-heated for a healthy work-lunch option too! A traditional Greek chicken dish with herby vegetable cous cous and tzatziki; a delicious Greek chicken recipe, try it now.
The little orbs of pearl couscous and morsels of cheese swirl to the surface with every spoonful. A sight that lifts the spirit and warms the belly. Give plain chicken breasts a global twist with help from colorful veggies and fast-cooking couscous. You can cook Greek chicken and couscous using 28 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek chicken and couscous
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of ground cardamom.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 of skinless boneless chicken breasts.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry couscous.
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/2 of lemon juiced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh mint.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh dill.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of broccoli crown, chopped.
- It’s 1 of medium red onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 of Roma tomatoes, diced.
- It’s 1/3 cup of chopped kalamata olives.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 4 oz of feta cheese.
For extra ﬂavor, serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over top. No need to spiralize your own veggies—look for ready-to-cook Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals in the freezer section of your. Greek Chicken & Couscous with Cucumber and Feta. It's all Greek to us, and we're quite pleased; we're going gaga for this quick and easy chicken dinner with couscous and a cooling fresh yogurt-cucumber sauce, along with the required feta. nóstimo!
Greek chicken and couscous step by step
- Mix rosemary, black pepper, salt, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, cardamom, and coriander together in a small bowl. Place chicken on a plate and season with spice mixture. Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat until it starts to shimmer, 2 to 3 minutes. Add seasoned chicken to the pan and cook, covered, 4 to 5 minutes..
- Flip chicken over and cook, uncovered, until browned on the outside and no longer pink on the inside, 5 to 6 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Squeeze lemon juice over chicken and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- While chicken cooks, bring water to a boil in a saucepan and add salt to taste. Add couscous, stir once, and cover. Remove saucepan from heat and let couscous steam for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork..
- Mix cucumber, sour cream, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, mint, dill, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl until tzatziki sauce is just combined..
- Divide cooked couscous between 4 bowls. Top with cooked chicken, tzatziki sauce, broccoli, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, parsley, and feta cheese. Serve immediately or store in airtight containers to reheat later.
In this Greek Chicken Couscous Bowl, fluffy wheat couscous is topped with Greek roasted chicken, feta shards, fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and olives. A deliciously light and satisfying meal that's perfect for a light lunch or dinner. This One Pan Moroccan Chicken and Couscous is one of my favorite one pan dinners to date! It has a delicious blend of flavors and textures, it's a healthy dinner, and it's brimming with those irresistible deliciously spiced Moroccan flavors. I served this Greek Marinated Chicken with my Lemony Cucumber and Couscous Salad, which was the perfect cold summer side, and incorporated both starches and vegetables into the meal.