You can have Chicken Laksa using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Laksa
- It’s 1/2 of BBQ Chicken (roughly shredded).
- You need 1 cup of Vermicelli Noodles.
- You need 1/3 cup of Laksa Paste.
- Prepare 1 cup of Fresh (or canned) Bean Sprouts.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Bamboo Slices.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Fresh Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare 370 ml of Light Coconut Milk.
- It’s 3 cup of Chicken stock.
- You need 1/2 of Cucumber (finely sliced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of Lime (cut into wedges).
- Prepare 2 of Shallots (sprigs not bunches).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fried Shallot (optional).
Chicken Laksa instructions
- In a large frypan or wok, heat up the oil until very hot.
- Add laksa paste and fry for roughly 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add sugar and chicken stock and bring to the boil..
- Meanwhile put Vermicelli noodles in a heat resistant bowl and pour boiling water over the noodles so they are covered with the water. Cover and let it sit in the water while you finish the Laksa..
- Once then stock, sugar and laksa paste have come to a boil add the chicken, coconut milk, bamboo and bean sprouts and turn it down to a medium heat and cook for a further 5 mins..
- Once the laksa is done, drain the noodles and devide them into bowls and ladle in laksa mixture. Top with cucumber, coriander,shallots and a wedge of lime..
- I also like to garnish with some some fried shallots to add a cruchy texture!.