Mauritian Style Sea Bass (ginger, chilli & garlic).
You can cook Mauritian Style Sea Bass (ginger, chilli & garlic) using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mauritian Style Sea Bass (ginger, chilli & garlic)
- It’s of couscous.
- You need 1/4 of ginger thinly sliced.
- You need 2 clove of garlic thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of onion sliced into medium semi-circles.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter salted/unslated.
- It’s 2 of chilli's birdseye deseeded and halved.
- You need 1/3 tsp of mixed herbs.
- It’s 1 tsp of oil (any).
- Prepare 2 of seabass fillets.
- You need 1 of Bay Leaf.
Mauritian Style Sea Bass (ginger, chilli & garlic) step by step
- Lightly season each fillet with salt and pepper.
- In a pan heat up oil (any) on medium flame.
- First melt the butter in the oil, then add the rest of the prepared ingredients..
- Lightly stir ingredients in the pan til a fragrance from onions starts to Mix with the rest of the ingredients..
- Layer Sea Bass, skin down for 3 mins, turn over seal side for 2 mins on gas mark 4. Turn back onto skin and cook through out, when fish shrinks on the sides a little..
- Serve with Sundried Tomatoes & Garlic Couscous, alternatively try lemon and herbs couscous or harrissa. Along with longstem broccoli or fine green beans boiled with a few leaves of mint for extra touch..