Homemade Chunky Hummus.
You can cook Homemade Chunky Hummus using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Chunky Hummus
- It’s 1 pinch of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cumin.
- Prepare 1 pinch of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 can of garbanzo/chick peaa.
- You need 1 pinch of coarse kosher salt.
Homemade Chunky Hummus step by step
- Pour 1 15oz can of Garbanzo beans into a large bowl or food processor. (I chose to not use a processor.).
- Blend at low to medium speed. When the beans are well blended add your spices one by one and blend until mixed..
- If you prefer a smoother dip add olive oil..
- If you have no processor, add your beans into a large bowl and use your hands to crush the beans for ten minutes..
- Wash your hands and add your seasonings..
- Stir the dip to insure proper mixing..
- Serve chilled with pita bread or tortilla chips and refrigerate left overs for up to two weeks in an air tight container.
- Add your own toppings such as Parsley or Roasted peppers..