Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair. This aromatic and hearty lentil soup is spiced with cumin and coriander for a light, yet filling meal. Blend vegetable and lentil mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. A creamy bowl of lentil soup – made with cumin, cilantro and potato to thicken it is the perfect way to warm up on a cold November night.
Besides, I had already ordered a glass of fresh strawberry juice and some delicious looking But Cheryl wouldn't let go of it, saying that lentil soup is a very typical, yet tasty Egyptian soup, and she really thought I would like it. So I gave in and ordered. Savory lentils are gently spiced and blended into a creamy base, and then topped with caramelized onions and generous amounts of fresh lemon juice and a For more in depth directions for making caramelized onions, check out this tutorial. You can have Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of big or 8 baby carrots.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- It’s 2 of onions chopped -divided.
- Prepare 1/4 packages of angel hair.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground corriander.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of veg. oil.
Egyptian Red Lentil Soup with Caramelized Onions. A yummy soup that uses my favorite lentils. This is a good and healthy take-to-work lunch. Stir spice mixture into the lentil mixture; add cilantro, stir to combine.
Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair instructions
- rinse the lentils well. 4 or 5 times. Add to a large pot. 4 or 5 quart pot is good..
- peel the skin of the zucchini by running a sharp knife on the skin just enough to remove the skin. cut head off and cut zucchini into 4 peices. Add to pot with lentils..
- add 8 baby carrots to pot with lentils.
- add 1 chopped onion and tomato to lentils.
- add enough water to cover everything in pot, you can add a little over a half an inch above everything..
- set the pot to medium heat and stir once it boils. leave for about 20 minutes until carrots get soft..
- uncover pot and leave to cool for 10 minutes. after cooled pour everything in blender and puree..
- meanwhile wash pot, dry and put 1 tablespoon oil to fry the other chopped onion. stir fry until golden. remove from pot and set aside.
- add another tablespoon of oil to the same pot, and add angel hair. stir fry until light brown.be ready with the pureed lentils because angel hair darkens fast. once most angel hair is light brown pour lentils into angel hair..
- add fried onion and spices. Add milk and stir.
- leave the stove on low and stir every 4 minutes until angel hair is cooked (soft). this will take about 15 to 20 minutes. If soup gets thick add water..
- enjoy hot with a spoon or dip pita bread into it..
- as the soup cools it thickens. just heat and add water to thin again..
You can puree the soup, in batches, in a blender OR you can use an immersion blender and blend to. Angel Hair Pasta With Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes. Be the first to rate & review! Use red, yellow or even brown lentils to make this iconic and super-simple Middle Eastern soup. This Easy Creamy Lentil Soup is all about comfort.