Beef rendang. Beef Rendang has incredible depth of flavour, with complexity and many layers of spices. This Beef Rendang recipe is from a payroll lady at a company I used to work for. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
It is served at special occasions to honor guests and during festive seasons. Rendang is an Indonesian spicy meat dish originating from the Minangkabau region in West Sumatra, Indonesia. It has spread across Indonesia to the cuisines of neighbouring Southeast Asian countries. You can cook Beef rendang using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef rendang
- It’s 2 of red onion, roughly chopped.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves,peeled.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated ginger.
- You need 6 of large red chili,3 de-seeded and roughly chopped,3 chopped.
- Prepare 3 of lemongrass stalk,white part only, roughly chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of light flavoured oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tbsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 2 kg of beef diced.
- Prepare 400 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 2 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sea salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare of Kafir lime.
- It’s of Coriander. Leaves chopped.
- You need 1 of big red chili for garnish.
Rendang is a meat curry dish from West Sumatra, Indonesia. It needs hours of slow cooking until Rendang is a very special curry dish. Rendang is a caramelized meat curry dish from West Sumatra, Indonesia. It needs hours of slow cooking until the coconut milk is caramelized and turns into its signature luscious texture.
Beef rendang instructions
- Place the onion,garlic,ginger, chillies and lemon grass in a food processor and pulse to a paste.
- Heat the oil in large based pan over medium heat,add the paste and the cumin, coriander, turmeric powder cook and stirring for 2 min untll fragrant.
- Add the beef and cook over high heat for 4-5 mum until the beef sealed.
- Add the coconut milk 400 ml water, cinnamon stick,salt,sugar and bring to boil,reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered for 2and 2 1/2 hours stirring occasionally until meat starts to break up n the liquid has evaporated.
- Garnish with kafir lime, chopped coriander n big red chili.
- Serve with steamed rice and green vegetable,,enjoy😋.
Kaffir lime leaves are a lovely aromatic accent to all kinds of dishes—you'll see them used often in Thai or Malaysian cuisine. SAVEUR editor-in-chief James Oseland shares a trick for how to chiffonade. Beef Rendang is a flavorful West Sumatran dry curry that's made with beef, that's cooked together with a spice paste and coconut milk until fork-tender. It's then fried together with the remaining braising. Is Beef Rendang also a Malaysian recipe?