Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls.
You can cook Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls
- It’s 115 grams of unsalted peanuts.
- Prepare 325 grams of canned sweetcorn (drained).
- Prepare 1 of onion (finely chopped).
- It’s 115 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of warm water (optional).
- You need 1 of groundnut oil (for deep frying).
Indonesian Sweetcorn Balls instructions
- Place the peanuts in a food processor and process briefly until coarsely ground. Alternatively, grind them in a mortar with a pestle..
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sweetcorn, onion, flour, coriander and chilli sauce. Season to taste with salt. Knead to a dough, adding a little warm water if necessary, to make the dough workable..
- Heat the oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy-based saucepan. Using your hands, form tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls, then drop the sweetcorn balls into the hot oil, in batches, and cook until golden and crisp..
- Remove the sweetcorn balls with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm while you cook the remaining batches. Serve immediately or leave to cool first..