Moroccan Style Braised Beef Stew.
You can have Moroccan Style Braised Beef Stew using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Style Braised Beef Stew
- Prepare 1 lb of Lean stew beef cubes.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of canola oil.
- You need 2 medium of yellow onions.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 28 oz of beef broth.
- It’s 8 each of carrots.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 4 clove of chopped garlic.
Moroccan Style Braised Beef Stew instructions
- Season your beef! I only did salt and pepper. Hold in fridge until you're ready to use it..
- Go ahead and prep everything else!— slice your onions, mince your garlic, peel and cut carrots (each carrot will cut into about four pieces), chop your parsley..
- Heat up your oil in a large pot. Once your oil is hot enough (it will have ripples when you shake the pot) mix in your sugar. Let it slightly caramelize, but be careful not to over cook it. Now add your beef cubes. You are only searing the beef ! once all sides have started to cook, and are coated with that flavorful goodness, remove the meat, and hold in its own juices..
- Now it's time to soften up the onions ! Throw them into your pot, and begin to soften them. Don't overcook them though! Remember, they will continue to cook in the stew..
- Stir in the minced garlic, and allow to cook; DON'T BURN ! Once you can smell that garlic, add all of your seasonings and spices..
- Add the beef broth, and bring to a boil. Now is a good time to test your flavor. Of course you may add anything you want more of. Add your beef back in, and cook on low heat for 40 minutes..
- Add the chopped carrots, and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until the carrots are cooked throughout..
- Season it up with some salt and pepper, and add your chopped parsley. Serve with some spicy garlic couscous! And if you have picky eaters, it also goes great with basmati rice 😉 Hope you enjoy!.