Eggplant and Meat Sauce Gratin.
You can have Eggplant and Meat Sauce Gratin using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant and Meat Sauce Gratin
- It’s 2 of Eggplants (slim Japanese type).
- Prepare 1 can of Meat sauce (store bought).
- You need 2 small of Potatoes.
- It’s 2 of Boiled eggs.
- It’s 5 of Wiener sausages.
- You need 1 clove of worth Garlic.
- It’s 1 of generous amount (to taste) Melting cheese.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ★ Olive oil.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆ Parsley for garnish (if you have some).
- You need 1 dash of Butter (to grease the gratin dish).
Eggplant and Meat Sauce Gratin step by step
- Boil the eggs. Take off strips off the eggplant skins with a vegetable peeler, then cut into 1 cm thick slices. Soak in a bowl of water, then drain..
- Cut the potatoes into 1 cm thick slices. Wrap with plastic wrap and microwave for 3 minutes. Slice up the sausages diagonally. Slice the boiled eggs. Finely chop the garlic..
- Heat up the ★ olive oil, and stir fry the garlic, then the eggplant. When the eggplant has wilted, add the sausage and stir fry quickly, then add the meat sauce and bring to a boil..
- Don't forget to reserve some of the meat sauce to pour over the boiled egg slices. See the left top of the photo above Step 5..
- Butter the gratin dish. Line it with the potato slices, then top with the mixture from step 4. Put on the sliced egg, top with the reserved meat sauce, then finally the cheese..
- Bake in an oven or toaster oven until browned..
- Sprinkle with some ☆ chopped parsley and it's done! Serve while piping hot..
- A penny pinching version: This is delicious with just the eggplant, plus bell peppers and boiled egg. Please try using any vegetables you have in the refrigerator..