Crunchy tomato couscous. I was in the mood for a quick snack, but something different then say my favourite crunchy snack – granola, or. This wonderfully comforting couscous is based on a dish Sami's mother cooked for him when he was a child. All we did was add a crust, similar to Iranian tadik, which is a famous rice dish cooked in such a.
The couscous is simply mixed with a tomato and onion mixture, then pan fried until the bottom is crispy. Serve this red tomato couscous salad lukewarm or at room temperature. I also added lamb sausages to my couscous salad recipe to turn it more into a main course. You can cook Crunchy tomato couscous using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crunchy tomato couscous
- It’s of Hydrating the couscous.
- It’s 1 cup of couscous.
- Prepare 1 cup of Good quality chicken or vegetable broth.
- It’s of salsa.
- It’s 1 medium of onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 piece of Ripe tomatoes chop them in small cubes.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato pure.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
You can easily make this couscous. Cherry tomatoes break down in a hot pan in about five minutes, collapsing just enough to release Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add couscous. How to Cook Couscous on the stovetop and in a microwave in just minutes! You might think the peach is a weird addition to this couscous salad but it brings a wonderfully fruity flavour.
Crunchy tomato couscous step by step
- Bring the broth to boil and pour it in a bowl with the cous cous. Leave it covered with a lid or plastic wrap for 10 min..
- In a medium pan add 2 tbs of olive oil and the onion, cook it until the onion becomes soft and transparent. Then add the sugar, tomato pure and the diced tomatos. Season to taste with salt and pepper let it cook for 5 minutes..
- Mix the couscous and salsa adjust seasoning if necessary..
- In a medium pan melt the butter with 1tbs olive oil leave all the surface of the pan covered with this. Pour the couscous and spread it around and flatten pushing not very hard in order to get the cous cous snug and tight around with the back of a spoon. Let it cook covered under very low fire for 10 or 15 min until the sides look dried up. When you are ready to eat it turn it over and enjoy..
In classic fashion, we're serving our tagine with fluffy couscous (perfect for soaking up the rich broth). To finish, we're garnishing it all with crunchy almonds, fresh mint and dollops of cilantro-seasoned. I was craving couscous though I knew few (if any) of my friends would be willing to try it. This cinnamon- and cumin-spiked couscous with chicken takes its inspiration from Morocco. No wonder that this recipe of Couscous with Zucchini and Sun dried Tomato came out so mouthwatering and delicious, I simply had to share it with you for a quick and easy side dish idea.