Hummus. News, reviews, recipes and videos about hummus, falafel and other middle-eastern foods. A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread or veggies.
We also add a little drizzle to the top of the swirly hummus. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right. You can cook Hummus using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hummus
- It’s 400 grams of boiled chickpeas.
- You need 1 large of lemon juice.
- You need 3 tbsp of tahini.
- Prepare 3 clove of crushed garlic.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cumin (optional).
Hummus is so easy to make that you really shouldn't have to buy a plastic pot of it. The basic hummus has four ingredients: chickpeas, tahini (pounded sesame seeds), garlic and lemon juice. All you need are a few cans of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, some seasonings, and a food processor. ↑ Hummus Catches On in America (as Long as It's Flavored) // The New York Times (англ.) ↑ Рецепты популярных разновидностей хумуса (англ.) Learn how to make hummus with this easy homemade hummus recipe! It's quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
Hummus step by step
- Drain the chickpeas, reserve some of the water, and put them in the mixer jar, with the water. Make a homogeneus puree (better add gradually the water to the chickpeas)..
- Add the tahini, the peeled and crushed garlic cloves, the lemon juice and some salt. And add the ground cumin if you want to use it in this recipe. Mix for 5 minutes, until it gets smooth..
- Place it in a serving dish and taste it again in case it needs more salt..
- Add the olive oil over it, with a thin stream, and garnish with fresh parsley..
- You can eat it warm or cool. If you're going to put it in the fridge, cover it with plastic film before..
Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Take your hummus beyond carrot sticks, pita and celery! These recipes with hummus are sure to Love hummus? You're going to want to try this fun take. It transforms this classic party dip into a.