Potato Salad (German). German Potato Salad is a traditional potato side dish originating in Southern Germany. In Northern Germany, the dish is different and more similar to an American style potato salad with mayonnaise. German potato salad is a savory twist on a classic potato salad.
Hot red potatoes dressed in a warm bacon, mustard and vinegar dressing are what make this traditional German potato salad a family favorite. I can taste the pucker now. For German potato salad, sliced potatoes are tossed with bacon, sautéed onions, fresh herbs, and a mustardy white wine dressing. You can cook Potato Salad (German) using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad (German)
- It’s 8 medium of Potatoes.
- It’s 1 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 of hard boiled eggs.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of dried celery flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried dill.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 of splash red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 of splash dill pickle juice.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped dill pickles.
- You need 6 tbsp of spicy brown mustard.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Miracle Whip or mayonnaise.
- Prepare of salt.
It's a nice change-up from the classic mayonnaise-based version, and. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over Hey, you DO all realize that there is more than one kind of German Potato Salad, right? every region's is. German Potato Salad Recipe : Boil Potatoes for German Potato Salad. How to make German potato salad.
Potato Salad (German) step by step
- Boil potatoes with skin on in large pot. Cover with enough water to just cover potatoes. Boil 30-40min or until tender. Fork should easily slide into potatoes..
- Using hot-pads, drain water from potatoes and rinse with cold water in colander..
- Peel potatoes when they are cool enough to handle and chop into mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and gently mix well. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, overnight is best..
This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and This Easy German Potato Salad is a short-cut version that my German grandma used to make for us. Russet potatoes, for instance, break down easily and are well suited for German Potato Salad is tossed in a deliciously sweet and tangy mayo-free dressing with bacon. Every potluck needs this German Potato Salad from Delish.com. In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and season generously with salt. Bring water to a boil and cook until potatoes are easily.