Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders. Fried green tomatoes and a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich become an epic Fried Green Tomato BLT. Topped with Cajun mayo spread, this will become your new favorite sandwich recipe! When I first moved to Seattle, someone told me that I would never be able to grow tomatoes.
Put in a colander and set in the sink. Sprinkle salt over them and let the excess liquid be drawn out. Sprinkle tomatoes with hot sauce (if desired). You can have Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders
- Prepare 2 of large green tomatoes.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 cups of bread crumbs, flour, or desired coating for frying.
- It’s strips of Cooked bacon.
- Prepare of Fresh lettuce, spinach, or desired crisper veggie for sandwich.
- Prepare of Bread slices (lightly toasted).
- It’s of Mini slider buns (lightly toasted).
- Prepare of Dried chopped onion.
- You need of Sea salt.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Black pepper (ground).
- Prepare of Seasoning Salt.
- You need of Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise.
- Prepare of Optional Ingredients:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- You need 1 of medium red onion.
- You need slices of Swiss cheese.
Dip tomato in egg, then dredge in cornmeal. Layer tomato, bacon, lettuce on toasted bread. I don't think any of us can fry a green tomato and not be reminded of the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes, which reminds me of my favorite scene, when Kathy Bates gets all cray-cray and smashes into the "younger, faster girls'. My favorite way to eat fried green tomatoes!
Fried Green Tomato BLT Sandwiches & Sliders instructions
- Begin to heat grease for deep frying in deep pot or pan, deep fryer, or crockpot. Meanwhile, in small to medium sized bowl combine bread crumbs, seasonings, chopped onion, (and grated parmesan if desired) and Mix well. In separate small bowl crack and mix up eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper to prepare for breading. Wash tomatoes (and red onion if frying that also) and slice into half inch thick slices..
- Dip veggies, one at a time, first into egg mixture and flip a few times until completely coated. Next, immediately plunge the egg covered veggie in the breading mixture and cover completely. Then drop into frying oil right away. Fry until golden brown..
- Place deep fried veggies on a paper towel layered plate or tray to let the grease drain and begin to rinse lettuce and grab any other toppings you desire (such as swiss cheese! 😉).
- Add Miracle Whip or Mayonnaise to Toasted Bread and stack Your Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomatoes! Here you can also add your swiss cheese and sweet onion rings as extra add-ons to your BLT sandwich or you can enjoy them as an onion rings side dish! Or Both!.
- I also had some mini slider buns so I made them up for the kiddos! Even my picky child that doesn't like tomatoes scarfed these down and asked me to make them again! These were delicious!.
Place tomatoes on a large paper towel-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Build sandwiches with rolls, cooked bacon, and fried green. This is one of my favorite quick-fix suppers. In a shallow dish, combine flour and seasonings; dip tomatoes in the mixture and set aside. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.