Hummus. News, reviews, recipes and videos about hummus, falafel and other middle-eastern foods. A traditional hummus recipe includes tahini and makes a wonderful snack or appetizer. Serve with warm pita bread or veggies.
We also add a little drizzle to the top of the swirly hummus. Hummus, that creamy dip that hails from the Middle East, has a reputation as a clean, healthy food. All the main ingredients are super foods in their own right. You can cook Hummus using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hummus
- It’s 1 Cup of chickpeas , dried.
- Prepare 6 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of tahini.
- You need 1/4 Cup of olive oil.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 Teaspoon of chilli oil.
- You need 1/4 Cup of water.
Hummus is so easy to make that you really shouldn't have to buy a plastic pot of it. The basic hummus has four ingredients: chickpeas, tahini (pounded sesame seeds), garlic and lemon juice. All you need are a few cans of chickpeas, some tahini, olive oil, some seasonings, and a food processor. ↑ Hummus Catches On in America (as Long as It's Flavored) // The New York Times (англ.) ↑ Рецепты популярных разновидностей хумуса (англ.) Learn how to make hummus with this easy homemade hummus recipe! It's quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
Hummus step by step
- Soak 1 cup dried chickpeas in 4 cups of water for 8 hours..
- Drain the water off of the chickpeas. Pour 4 cups of fresh water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Add the chickpeas, cover the pot, and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes to 2 hours in order to soften the beans..
- While the chickpeas are cooking, roast the garlic cloves. To roast a clove of garlic, stab the garlic with the tine of a metal fork or tongs, hold it over an open flame (a gas stove burner will do), and turn it frequently until it changes color slightly and softens..
- Mince the roasted garlic..
- Mix the following into a bowl: tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, salt, and garlic cloves..
- Once the chickpeas have softened, mash them in a bowl with a spoon or potato masher or puree them in a food processor..
- Mix the chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients..
- Add water until hummus has desired consistency (I use about 1/4 cup water)..
Hummus is delicious, packed with nutrients and incredibly good for you. Take your hummus beyond carrot sticks, pita and celery! These recipes with hummus are sure to Love hummus? You're going to want to try this fun take. It transforms this classic party dip into a.