Satoimo (Taro Root) Cheese Gratin.
You can have Satoimo (Taro Root) Cheese Gratin using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Satoimo (Taro Root) Cheese Gratin
- It’s 5 of Satoimo (taro root), about 200 g.
- It’s 100 grams of total Mushrooms (I used shiitake, maitake and shimeji).
- Prepare 2 of sausages or 1 slice bacon Wiener sausage or bacon.
- Prepare 80 ml of ★Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ★Chicken soup stock granules.
- It’s 20 grams of Shredded cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Grated garlic.
- You need of Toppings:.
- It’s 1 of Shredded cheese.
- You need 1 of Panko (to taste).
- You need 1 of Parsley for garnish (to taste).
Satoimo (Taro Root) Cheese Gratin step by step
- Wash the taro roots, then microwave for 3 minutes at 500W. Peel, and microwave for 3 minutes. Cut half of them into bite-sized pieces, and mash the remaining roots..
- Cut the wiener sausages diagonally, and break apart the mushrooms..
- Fry the sausages slowly, over medium-low heat. When they start to release oil, add the mushrooms and garlic and continue stir-frying..
- Lower the heat, add the ingredients marked with a ★, and mix in the mashed taro..
- When the taro is blended in, add the cheese (This will become the sauce)..
- When the cheese has melted, gently fold in the remaining taro roots, being careful not to break them..
- Pour into an oven-proof dish, sprinkle with the toppings, bake in a toaster oven until golden, and serve..