Sweet Chilli Cheese Dogs. This Homemade Chili Cheese Dog recipe is quite flavorful. It's sweet, tangy and bold with a little kick to it. Top with fresh parsley, then slice the hot dog boats along their connected seams to serve.
If you're in the mood for comfort food (toasted buns, grilled hot dogs, best ever chili, and of course tons of cheese) this recipe is for you! Chili cheese dogs made easy in a baked form, fork and knife required! I first saw these oven baked chili dogs many years ago somewhere on the internet and have made them several times. You can have Sweet Chilli Cheese Dogs using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet Chilli Cheese Dogs
- It’s 1 of Vienna.
- You need 1 of cheese.
- It’s 1 of Bread.
- You need 1 of sweet chilli sauce.
- You need tbsp of butter.
I thought it was somewhat genius to just be able to throw hot dogs in a bun and bake them, but every recipe I. American classic chili dog, grilled hot dog on a bun, smothered in ground beef chili sauce, sprinkled with cheddar cheese and onions. Chili dogs are great for summer cookouts; you can make the chili ahead and all you have to do is grill the hot dogs and buns long enough to get some char marks. Vegan chili dogs are easy to make and are so delicious and filling!
Sweet Chilli Cheese Dogs instructions
- Slice viennas into long thin strips.
- Grate cheese using the fine side of your grater. This allows for a more compact fit inside the wrap..
- Flatten the slice of bread (the fresher the better) using a rolling pin or by compressing it with a flat tray or plate. It may help to warm the bread up slightly before doing this so that it stays flat for longer..
- Take the Vienna slices and some cheese and arrange it length ways on the bread. Add some sweet chilli sauce to taste. Be careful not to put too much, or you won't be able to close it properly..
- Roll the bread and wrap it around the Vienna and cheese filling. You can hold it closed by using toothpicks..
- Put it inside a sandwhich press or fry in a non stick pan. Cover in butter, or margarine and put a small amount of cheese on the outside for a crisp finish exterior.
- Remove once browned on the outside and serve with an onion and tomato based chutney..
A spiced-up chili topping and split-and-griddled hot dog make for a super special chili-cheese dog. Sweet paprika, ground cumin, chili powder, cayenne for spice, and salt and pepper. To assemble the chili dogs, boil hot dogs in simmer water until warmed through. Place into soft hot dog buns. Top with a heaping spoonful of warm chili, top with lots of shredded cheese and.