Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats).
You can cook Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats)
- It’s 400 g of minced chicken or chicken fillet (cut to smaller pieces).
- Prepare 1 can (400 g) of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 of vienna or kransky or frankfurter sausages (sliced thinly).
- Prepare 1 of small can (200g) button mushrooms (drained and cut to half).
- Prepare 2 cups of carrot and peas (can add some corn kernels too).
- Prepare 1 of small onion (diced) or 1/2 if its big.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Parsley or 2 stalks of cellery (diced).
- You need of Salt (to your liking).
- You need of Pepper (to your liking).
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of chicken stock cubes.
- It’s 4 cups of water.
Sop Merah (Indonesian minestrone – with meats) step by step
- Prepare the stock by mixing water, chicken cubes stock and can of crushed tomatoes..
- If using chicken minced like me, seasons with some salt and pepper and mixed well before scoop them into small meatballs. I am using 1tsp salt and 1/4 pepper..
- Once the stock is boiling, add everything to the pan. Add in sugar, seasson with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust to your liking. Simmer until everything is cooked..
- Your sop merah is now done! Served with some rice or croutons. Or you can add potatoes to the soup..