Charred Corn Guacamole.
You can cook Charred Corn Guacamole using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Charred Corn Guacamole
- You need 2 of ears corn.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of red onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1 of juice of 1 lime.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro leaves.
- It’s 1 of salt to taste.
- It’s 1 of pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of serrano chile, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced.
- It’s 1 of blue, yellow, or white tortilla chips for dipping.
Charred Corn Guacamole step by step
- Preheat the grill..
- Remove the outer husk from the corn and loosen the silks without removing..
- Dunk ears into water and then place them directly onto a hot grill for 15 minutes, turning occasionally..
- Remove from grill..
- Remove remaining husks and silks and cut the kernels off the cob..
- In a bowl, combine corn, oil, avocados, serrano chile, onion, lime juice, and cilantro..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with tortilla chips..
- *Dunk the corn in water before putting it on the grill to make sure that the husk and silks don't burn while the corn steams.*.
- **The corn is done when you start to see the outline of the kernels showing through the husk.**.
- ***This recipe brought to you courtesy of Iron Chef Bobby Flay of Food Network.***.