You can cook Ultracreamy Hummus using 9 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ultracreamy Hummus
- Prepare 2 (15 ounce) of cans chickpeas, rinsed.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, peeled.
- You need 1/3 cup of lemon juice (2 lemons), plus extra for seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of table salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin, plus extra for garnish.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tahini, stirred well.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced fresh parsley.
Ultracreamy Hummus instructions
- Combine chickpeas, baking soda, and 6 cups water in medium saucepan and bring to boil over high heat..
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until chickpea skins begin to float to surface and chickpeas are creamy and very soft, 20 to 25 minutes..
- While chickpeas cook, mince garlic using garlic press or rasp-style grater..
- Measure out 1 tablespoon and set aside; discard remaining garlic..
- Whisk lemon juice, salt, and reserved garlic together in small bowl and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Strain garlic-lemon mixture through fine-mesh strainer set over bowl, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible; discard solids..
- Drain chickpeas in colander and return to saucepan..
- Fill saucepan with cold water and gently swish chickpeas with your fingers to release skins..
- Pour off most of water into colander to collect skins, leaving chickpeas behind in saucepan..
- Repeat filling, swishing, and draining 3 or 4 times until most skins have been removed (this should yield about ¾ cup skins); discard skins..
- Transfer chickpeas to colander to drain..
- Set aside 2 tablespoons whole chickpeas for garnish..
- Process garlic-lemon mixture, ¼ cup water, cumin, and remaining chickpeas in food processor until smooth, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl as needed..
- Add tahini and oil and process until hummus is smooth, creamy, and light, about 1 minute, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. (Hummus should have pourable consistency similar to yogurt. If too thick, loosen with water, adding 1 teaspoon at a time.).
- Season with salt and extra lemon juice to taste..
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley, reserved chickpeas, and extra cumin..
- Drizzle with extra oil and serve. (Hummus can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 5 days. Let sit, covered, at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.).