Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish.
You can have Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish
- You need of Spicy Asian Garlic Sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Extra Fine Minced Fresh Garlic [shaved then minced].
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Fine Shaved Scallions [separate rounds].
- It’s 1/3 cup of Hot Chile Peppers [thin sliced – Jalapeños – Thai – Habenero – Scotch Bonnet – Ghost – Dried Red Peppers Or Serrano Chiles].
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Fresh Or Bottled Lime Juice [or less].
- You need 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro [packed-rough chop-no stems].
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Fresh Minced Ginger.
- You need 6 tbsp of Light Brown Sugar [more or less].
- Prepare 1 of Red Pepper Flakes [optional].
- It’s 1 of Chopped Chives [optional].
- You need of Chinese Rice Wine [optional].
- Prepare of Fresh Parsley [optional].
- It’s 1 tsp of Orange Juice Or 1/2 teaspoon Orange Zest [optional].
- It’s of Shreaded Carrots [optional-for color].
- Prepare of Crispy Fried Catfish Nuggets.
- It’s 1 of 3 lb Frozen Bag Catfish Nuggets [de-thaw amount desired].
- You need 2 large of Egg Cold Whites [whisked until frothy].
- Prepare 1 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Each: Garlic Powder & Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Each: Black Pepper [or 1/2 tsp white pepper] – Old Bay Seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Chinese 5 Spice [optional-if omitting old bay for sodium content concerns].
- You need 1 cup of Cornstarch.
Mike's Asian Dipping Sauce & Fried Catfish step by step
- Items you'll need..
- Chop all ingredients as directed and mix everything together in the Spicy Asian Garlic Sauce Section. Leave sauce in fridge to marinate for 45 minutes or longer..
- Your sauce can be served hot, warm or cold and with a myriad of other dishes. Serve this dipping sauce with any type of well coated, deep fried, crispy seafood. If choosing soft shell crab, this recipe will support six medium sized crabs..
- Tonight, this sauce will accompany several thick, well seasoned, deep fried, crispy catfish nuggets..
- °De-thaw your required amounts of catfish nuggets in sink. Whisk cold egg whites in a cold metal bowl until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix all powdered ingredients together. Place your [dabbed dry] catfish pieces in egg mixture then dip into your flour coating. Deep fry at 350° or fry nuggets in a stove top pan with 2"-3" of high heat oil. Don't overfill your fryer or pan with too many pieces. 4 or 5 smaller ones should fry at one time, tops. Fry nuggets until done, meaning golden brown and crispy on the outside. About 3 minutes on each side if they're slightly larger pieces. Drain in strainer or on paper towels and serve immediately with a side of your dipping sauce. Enjoy!.
- Authors Note: While your sauce may taste even better with some additional marinade time in the fridge, aesthetically speaking, it won't be nearly as pretty the following day. And, it certainly won't be as vibrant color wise. Plan to make this sauce just before serving but make sure it's chilled for your guests. Enjoy!.