Easy Tandoori chicken skewers. These easy spiced tandoori-style chicken mini skewers make great party food, and are so simple to put together. Mix the chicken strips, yoghurt and tikka paste together in a bowl. Make tandoori chicken on your grill!
Top pita pockets with cucumber, remaining mint and chicken skewers. Tandoori Chicken was the obvious next recipe I wanted to share after the other chicken recipes have been SO popular with you guys. This recipe was actually a mix between trying to stay true to the classic restaurant favorite recipe while making an easy weeknight meal. You can cook Easy Tandoori chicken skewers using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Tandoori chicken skewers
- You need 500 g of chicken thigh fillets.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (fine dice).
- Prepare 3-4 of heaped tbsp yogurt.
- You need 1 clove of garlic (crushed).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of curry powder (depending on how spicy you like it).
- Prepare Pinch of chilli powder to taste.
- You need of Little zest and squeeze of lime.
- Prepare of Salt, pepper.
- You need of accompaniments.
- You need of Pilau rice.
- You need of Fresh coriander (garnish).
- It’s 2 of lime wedges (garnish).
I settled on using chicken legs for. The Tandoori-Style Chicken Skewers recipe out of our category Chicken! Top tip for making Tandoori chicken skewers. Tandoori curry paste has a medium hot flavour; if you prefer something spicier use a Madras paste.
Easy Tandoori chicken skewers instructions
- Soak the wooden skewers in enough cold water to cover. Mix the onion, puréed garlic, yogurt and other marinade ingredients together. (You could use a paste instead of powder) feel free to add additional spices/aromatics. Taste and season (remember it needs to be quite intense to get a decent amount of flavour into the chicken)..
- Dice the thighs into 1inch chunks and add to the marinade, massage in. Cover and refrigerate for anywhere between 2hours-overnight. The longer the better..
- Thread the marinaded chicken onto the skewers. Grill under a preheated hot grill to colour and char evenly. Serve on a bed of pilau rice, garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedge..
For a milder flavour use korma or tikka masala paste. Instead of serving with rice, remove cooked chicken and peppers from skewers and serve in warm. This is the best Tandoori Paneer Tikka in the oven you'll ever make at home! Same restaurant style taste, but roasted in a home oven. Honestly, I was a little nervous because tandoori paneer tikka has quite the God like status in our house.