Slow-Cooker Indonesian Chicken with Peanut Sauce.
You can cook Slow-Cooker Indonesian Chicken with Peanut Sauce using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow-Cooker Indonesian Chicken with Peanut Sauce
- You need 4 large of Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 1 medium of Yellow Onion (Chopped).
- You need 1 lb of Baby Carrots.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic (Minced).
- It’s 3/4 cup of Chunky Peanut Butter.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Hot Pepper Flakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Frozen Peas.
- It’s 2 tsp of White Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 3 of Limes.
- You need 3 of Green Onions (Chopped).
- It’s 1 cup of Jasmine Rice.
- It’s 2 cup of Chicken Broth.
Slow-Cooker Indonesian Chicken with Peanut Sauce instructions
- In a slow cooker combine whole chicken breasts, chopped onion, baby carrots and garlic..
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together water, peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger and red pepper flakes. Pour sauce into slow cooker and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours..
- In the last hour before serving, remove chicken and shred it before returning it back to slow cooker. Add peas and vinegar and stir. Cover and continue cooking..
- If desired, in a separate pot boil chicken broth and cook rice for 15-20 minutes or until fluffy..
- Scoop chicken with sauce over rice and add lime juice to taste. Top with chopped green onions and enjoy! Pairs great with a cold glass of Chardonnay. :).