Moroccan oven fish with chermoula. Stir and cover with a lid. Stir and cover with a lid. First the fish is marinated in a zesty herb and spice mixture called chermoula, then it's layered with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and green peppers in a tagine for slow braising.
Regardless of the type of fish, the fillets are typically marinated in chermoula, an extraordinarily flavorful mixture of fresh herbs, garlic, and heady spices that's loosened with olive oil and lemon juice (see "Herb Paste, Meet Spice Paste"). First the fish is marinated in a zesty herb and spice mixture called chermoula, then it's layered with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and green peppers in a tagine for slow braising. Traditionally tagines are cooked over a fire or charcoal in a special brazier, but these days it's more common to see home cooks using a stove instead. You can cook Moroccan oven fish with chermoula using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moroccan oven fish with chermoula
- Prepare 1 of whole fish of your choice.
- You need 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 of capsicum.
- Prepare 1 of diced red onion.
- It’s of Chopped Parsley and celentro.
- Prepare of Salt, black pepper, paprika, cumin, dried ginger, garlic,.
- It’s of Chilli if you like the spicy taste.
- You need of Olive oil.
Moroccan Marinated Fish In The Oven -Tagra. Moroccan Marinated Fish In The Oven -Tagra. Although each country has its version of chermoula, and there are several variations, the taste is always very similar. This classic Moroccan recipe is prepared by baking chermoula-marinated whole fish with potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and green peppers-the result is zesty, saucy and delicious.
Moroccan oven fish with chermoula step by step
- Clean the fish and soak it in lemon juice salt and water for 2 hours.
- Cut the vegetables into thin slices and start laying starting with chopped onion, potato, capsicum.
- In an other bowl mix the chopped parsley, cilantro, diced garlic,lemon juice, spices and olive oil and add diced chilli if desired until you get a paste we call chermoula.
- Marinate the fish with half of chermoula paste and to the rest add some water and pour it over the vegetables.
- Add the fish on top and add tomato slices and put it in the over on 180 ° for 45 mints.
- After it's done serve it warm and voilà enjoy.
Serve directly from the baking dish with Moroccan bread for a complete one-dish meal. Chermoula is Moroccan blend of herbs and spices which can be used both as a marinade and as a condiment to season salads, stews, tagines and grilled foods. It can be brushed over meat, offal, chicken, fish, and vegetables or added as a flavor enhancer to fillings for stuffed fish, stuffed breads, and stuffed poultry, ground and roasted meat of. Chermoula is a North African marinade and the next thing you should try! It's extremely easy to prepare, full of flavours and doesn't require hours of cooking.