Traditional Ful Medames.
You can have Traditional Ful Medames using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Traditional Ful Medames
- Prepare 2 cups of canned fava beans.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s of For garnishing:.
- It’s 1/2 of bunch parsley, finely chopped.
Traditional Ful Medames step by step
- Drain and wash the beans, then heat them in a large pan with some water..
- Once hot, transfer the beans along with the water into a medium bowl and mash slightly with a fork..
- In another bowl, mix the garlic, lemon juice and olive oil with salt and cumin. Pour the dressing over the fava beans and mix well..
- Garnish with chopped parsley if desired..
- Serve warm with pita bread, tomato slices and onion wedges..