Cornbread salad. Southern Cornbread Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I've been making this for years. Sometimes I sub chili beans for the pinto beans and I usually eliminate the bacon to make it.
Cornbread Salad is a wonderful old fashioned recipe that you need in your life! There are so many wonderful recipes around this world and I'm blessed to have tried just a handful of them. Our distinctly Southern cornbread salad is loaded with flavor. You can have Cornbread salad using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cornbread salad
- You need 1 box of Mexican (can use plain) cornbread mix.
- Prepare 2 packages of bacon bits (or 10 slices cooked/crumbled bacon).
- Prepare 2 of large bell peppers (I use red and/or orange).
- You need 1 bunch of green onions.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes (optional).
- Prepare 1 packages of frozen corn (large).
- It’s 2 can of ranch style beans (or similar type).
- You need 1 envelope of dry ranch mix.
- It’s 1 cup of fat free mayonnaise.
- You need 1 cup of fat free sour cream.
- You need 2 cup of reduced fat or fat free grated cheese (cheddar or Mexican).
Crumbled cornbread is combined with bacon, vegetables, and a flavorful mayo Cornbread Salad With Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch. Cornbread Salad from Deep South Dish blog. A delicious salad made using crumbled cornbread and a variety of vegetables, mixed with a mayonnaise and sour cream Ranch dressing and garnished with. Not only does it taste delicious, but this salad also looks gorgeous on the table.
Cornbread salad instructions
- Bake cornbread following directions on box..
- Combine dry ranch mix, sour cream and mayo until smooth. Chill while cornbread is cooking..
- While cornbread is cooking prepare corn according to directions on package. Let cool..
- Open and drain beans..
- Chop tomatoes, peppers, and green onions into bite sized pieces..
- Once cornbread is done, let cool..
- Once cooled, crumble cornbread up until it looks like fine bread crumbs..
- Begin layering process. When layering remember to smooth out evenly..
- Layer 1: 1/2 cornbread.
- Layer 2: 1/2 bacon.
- Layer 3: 1/2 bell peppers.
- Layer 4: 1/2 green onions and tomatoes.
- Layer 5: 1/2 corn.
- Layer 6: 1/2 beans.
- Layer 7: 1/2 dressing mix, spread smoothly.
- Layer 8: 1/2 cheese.
- Continue layering following same order. Should make two layers of each..
- Chill layered salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!.
This southwest cornbread salad has flavorful layers of crumbled cornbread, veggies, bacon, cheese and a delicious ranch salsa dressing. The perfect way to spice up a potluck! You'll find the recipe for this delicious salad under the video in the "show more" section. Prepare cornbread mix according to package directions; cool. Stir together salad dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise until well blended; set aside.