Jordanian Tomato Rice Soup. I adapted the Jordanian tomato rice soup I chose as part of the recipes one could pick from for this challenge. I had leftover cocktail tomatoes from the holidays so I used these instead of normal tomatoes. It was a lovely color contrast of yellow and red.
Tomato rice recipe with step by step pics. This is an easy, quick and delicious South Indian tomato rice recipe. It is also known as thakkali sadam I tried tomato rice many times to get the same taste and flavor but never succeeded. You can cook Jordanian Tomato Rice Soup using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jordanian Tomato Rice Soup
- It’s 5/16 cup of rice.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s of pinch of black pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
This time around I managed to come very close to that taste which. One Pot, Soups And Stews, Rice, Tomato, Dinner, Lunch, Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian. Tomatoes and rice are a famous combination, and are complemented nicely in this soup by white beans, greens, and fresh basil. This hearty Tomato Rice Soup can be a meal all on its own, or serve it with a side of homemade, oil-free corn chips.
Jordanian Tomato Rice Soup step by step
- In a pan, melt the butter and fry in it the onions over medium heat until tender..
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, black pepper, cinnamon stick and salt along with 2 liters of water..
- When the mix begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes with lid on..
- Add in the rice and check if you need to add more water. Leave to simmer for half an hour or so..
- Serve hot..
Tomato Rice Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. This is a fantastic quick tomato soup recipe simply bursting with the flavours of roasted red peppers, garlic and lime. Rice adds an awesome creaminess to. Tomato Chicken Rice Soup. "This hearty soup is loaded with vegetables, chicken, rice and herbs. When friends come for lunch, I warm up some garlic toast and make a meal of it," notes Gwen Shawley of El Mirage, Arizona.