Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken).
You can have Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken)
- You need 1 kilogram of chicken, cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1 liter of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of angkak (red yeast rice), steeped in 2 tbsp hot water.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need of Black pepper according to your preference.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ngo hiang (Chinese five spice powder).
Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken) instructions
- Ground the red yeast rice..
- Put all ingredients (except chicken pieces) into a pot. When it is boiling, add the chicken pieces. Lower the heat. From time to time, use a ladle to pour the water to the chicken, so that the color will be even..
- Flip the chicken pieces occasionally and continue ladling the water to the chicken..
- When the water has evaporated a bit, and the chicken pieces are red in color. turn off the heat..
- Arrange the chicken on a lined casserole dish that has been lined with a bit of oil..
- Bake 175 Celcius degrees for about 5 minutes. Coat the chicken with oil or butter to create a glossy finish..