Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint.
You can cook Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint
- Prepare 1 small of acorn squash, peeled and cubed.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, divided.
- You need 1 small of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin, ground.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander, ground.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, ground.
- You need 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- You need 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- It’s 2 of Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- It’s 2 cup of chickpeas, cooked.
- It’s 6 cup of water, divided.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Israeli couscous.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 3 of sprigs fresh mint leaves, roughly chopped.
- It’s 1 1/2 oz of feta cheese, crumbled.
Acorn Squash and Chickpea Stew over Couscous with Feta and Mint step by step
- Using a large chef’s knife, cut off the blossom end and bottom of the acorn squash. The squash should sit flat on your cutting board. Remove the tough outer skin by cut- ting around the meat of the vegetable and rotating the squash. Cut the squash in half. Remove seeds and inner pulp with a kitchen spoon. Slice the squash into pieces length-wise. Take each slice of squash and cut into chunks..
- Heat a medium-large saucepot over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic, cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes. Turn heat down to medium-low, add spices, salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for another 2-3 minutes. Add squash and cook 4-5 minutes while stirring. Turn heat to high. Add tomatoes, chickpeas, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil, then turn down to medium-low, and simmer for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Add 3 cups of water and the couscous to a medium saucepot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and stir occasionally. Cook until all water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and season with salt and butter..
- The stew is ready when the squash is tender and the sauce is slightly thickened. If too thick, add a little water. If too thin, cook for 4-5 more minutes. Season the stew with salt and pepper..
- Divide the couscous between two bowls, ladle the stew on top, then finish with mint, remaining olive oil and feta cheese. Enjoy!.