COUSCOUS SALAD. Tip the couscous into a large bowl and pour over the stock. It's also a no cook meal. Speaking of sun dried tomato – this is your secret weapon for this Couscous Salad.
Fluffy couscous is dotted with green onions, red pepper, fresh cilantro and black beans and boasts the Southwest tang of a lime-cumin vinaigrette. All Reviews for Black Bean and Couscous Salad. While I was in college and studying nutrition/wellness, the number one question I was asked was "How can I lose weight?" Or a similar question: "How do I keep the weight I've lost off?" This vegan couscous salad recipe is both healthy and low-fat. You can have COUSCOUS SALAD using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of COUSCOUS SALAD
- It’s 135 gr of couscous.
- It’s 190 gr of sweet corn kernels, boiled briefly and then drain.
- It’s 150 gr of red beans, boiled until tender and then drain.
- You need 375 ml of vegetable broth.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 50 gr of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper chopped.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need 5 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 50 gr of almonds, roasted/oven and roughly chopped.
- It’s 30 gr of red paprika/morrón, cut into cubes.
- You need 30 gr of green paprika/morrón, cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
Its ingredients include chickpeas (garbanzo beans), cucumber and bell pepper. Lemon and pomegranate couscous. by Rachel Allen. A quick and easy Moroccan couscous salad that's great for a lunchbox or to serve with cold chicken. Guest post from Skinnytaste dietitian Heather K.
COUSCOUS SALAD step by step
- Heat a little (1 tsp) oil over medium heat, then stir onion and garlic until lightly browned..
- Add couscous and vegetable broth. Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper..
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat. Simmer until couscous is tender and broth is absorbed. Add corn and beans, toss to mix evenly and cook briefly then set aside..
- Heat a little oil and saute paprika until slightly browned, add a little salt and pepper. Turn off the heat, add honey and lemon juice. Mix well, set aside..
- Serve couscous with almonds and a sprinkling of celery, add sautéed papricc on the side..
Jones, is a healthy dish that the whole family will love! Hello, I'm excited to guest post here on Skinnytaste again (thank you, Gina. Discover delicious couscous salad recipes from the expert chefs at Food Network. Couscous salad is the perfect party food. Choose from among our most popular renditions for your next picnic or potluck.