Corn Dog Casserole.
You can cook Corn Dog Casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn Dog Casserole
- It’s 2 cup of Thinly sliced celery.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sliced green onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of Hot Dogs ( beef or pork frankfurters ).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ground sage.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of (8.5 ounces) packages dry corn bread mix.
- Prepare 2 cup of Shredded chedder cheese.
Corn Dog Casserole step by step
- In medium skillet, saute celery and green onions in butter for 5 minutes. Place saute mixture in large bowl; set aside.
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add celery/onion mixture and mix all together. Set aside 1 cup of mixture.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, sage, and pepper. Add all but the reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mix and 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Mix all together and spread mixture into a shallow 3 quart baking dish. Top with reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown..