Beer can chicken. Beer can chicken (also known as chicken on a throne, beer butt chicken, Coq au can, dancing chicken and drunken chicken) is a barbecued chicken dish and method of indirect grilling using a partially-filled can of beer that is placed in the chicken's cavity prior to cooking. Rinse chicken under cold running water. Discard giblets and neck from chicken; drain and pat dry.
Open beer can and take several gulps (make them big gulps so that the can is half full). Place beer can on a solid surface. Using a church key-style can opener, make two more holes in the top of the can. You can have Beer can chicken using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beer can chicken
- It’s 1 of Roaster chicken 4-5 lbs.
- Prepare 1 can of 16 ounce beer.
- Prepare 1 of rub of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of garlic cloves to put in beer can..
- Prepare 1 of beer can roaster and roasting pan.
Set the can on a flat surface and slide the chicken over the top so. Make the best-ever beer can chicken at your cookout with a recipe from Chef Michael Symon. It's hard to believe that "beer can chicken" is one of the easiest ways to grill a chicken, but cooking it. Beer can chicken is not only a great way to cook a whole chicken on the grill, but it's also a lot of Sitting a whole chicken on top of an open beer can may seem a little bit weird, or even frivolous, but.
Beer can chicken step by step
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Remove giblets..
- Use rub liberally. Under and over skin. Wrap and refrigerate for as little as 1 hour or overnight..
- Preheat grill for indirect heat. 300-350 degrees..
- Use or discard 1/2 of beer. Insert garlic or additional spices or rub in beer can. Increase size of hole in top of can and mount chicken..
- Grill for 60-90 minutes. Check for internal temp of 175°F. I used a smokebox, but it isn't necessary..
- Remove from grill and rest 10-15 mintues before carving and serving..
This Beer Can Chicken is incredibly delicious, juicy and moist. This chicken is perfectly seasoned with herbs and spices and baked to a crispy perfection. This easy Beer Can Chicken recipe makes moist whole chicken cooked on the grill. This easy Beer Can Chicken Recipe guarantees moist meat that falls off the bone and crispy, ultra flavorful skin. There's quite a bit of lore surrounding beer-can chicken, and for good reason.