Roasted Red Pepper & Roasted Garlic Hummus w/ Whole Wheat Pita Chips. Jarred roasted red peppers are one of those things I often don't have on hand when I need them. Make a roasted red pepper aioli or add them to your next batch of hummus. Easy roasted red pepper hummus recipe with sweet red bell peppers, chickpeas, garlic, and tahini.
In an electric food processor, combine garlic, garbanzo beans, tahini, and lemon juice. Process until the mixture is smooth. This creamy, nourishing roasted red pepper soup is tangy and delicious. You can cook Roasted Red Pepper & Roasted Garlic Hummus w/ Whole Wheat Pita Chips using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Red Pepper & Roasted Garlic Hummus w/ Whole Wheat Pita Chips
- You need 1 lb of chick peas.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of tahini.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 6 clove of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of sumac.
- Prepare 6 of whole wheat pita bread.
Because red bell peppers aren't in season, I use jarred roasted red peppers, which are a super convenient pantry ingredient. If you don't have an immersion blender, a regular blender works fine. You can use jarred roasted peppers but roasting fresh red peppers is easy and adds a depth to the. Roasted red peppers are one of my favorite salad toppers and overall flavor boosters.
Roasted Red Pepper & Roasted Garlic Hummus w/ Whole Wheat Pita Chips step by step
- Roast pepper & garlic in the oven until cooked, peel skin off pepper & remove seeds & stem..
- Combine chick peas, salt & garlic in a food processor for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides & process for 30 more seconds..
- Add water & lemon juice & process for 30 seconds.
- Add tahini, olive oil & chopped up roasted red peppers & process until mixture is smooth.
- Sprinkle sumac for flavor & garnish.
- To make pita chips cut pita breads into chip size & put on baking tray. Drizzle lightly with olive oil & sprinkle with salt & bake in 400° preheated oven until browned..
I used to be intimidated by roasting my own peppers at home, but not anymore. This flavorful spread livens up most any sandwich. Try tossing it with salad greens before adding to your sandwich. Roasted red pepper soup is a blend of red peppers, tomatoes, onions, garlic and basil. It's delicious, healthy and easy to make – just roast all the veggies on one baking sheet, then blend it all together in.