Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts.
You can have Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts
- It’s 4 of whole chicken legs , skinless.
- It’s 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 4 of pita bread.
- You need 200 gm of yellow onions ,finely sliced.
- It’s 1& 1/2 cup of coriander leaves ,chopped.
- You need 100 gm of walnuts.
- You need 1 & 1/2 tbsp of sumac.
- Prepare as needed of butter for greasing the baking pan.
- It’s of Ingredients for marinade:.
- You need 10 cloves of garlic , grated.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sumac.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of all spice.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice.
- You need to taste of salt.
Arabic style chicken with sumac, onions and walnuts instructions
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the marinade ingredients for one hour or overnight..
- Grease an ovenproof dish with butter..
- Tear the pita breads into pieces and line the dish; keep balance pieces aside..
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place on the pita bread..
- To the remaining marinade add 1/4 cup olive oil,sliced onions,coriander leaves, sumac,walnuts and salt to taste. Toss together and layer it on the chicken legs..
- Cover with the remaining pita pieces and bake in a preheated oven @ 180 degree centigrade for 40 minutes..
- If the bread gets too much colour, cover the dish with aluminium foil..
- Remove and serve warm..
- Crush the crisp pita pieces and garnish on the chicken for added texture..