Vegetarian nachos. You're looking at the ultimate vegetarian nachos recipe! Loaded Vegetarian Nachos. featured in Meatless Recipes That Carnivores Will Love. I am always on the lookout for those easy dinner ideas that I can pull together in a snap.
I manage to load the nachos with healthy food and then sell it to my child as a fun nacho dinner. This is the kind of recipe I like to pull out on a Friday when. These vegetarian nachos covered in refried beans, jalapeno salsa, pepper Jack cheese, and olives are a satisfying "This plate of nachos is very satisfying and craveable. You can cook Vegetarian nachos using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian nachos
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of brown onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground coriander.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of zucchini, finely chopped.
- Prepare 400 g of can finely chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 of x 400g cans brown lentils, drained, rinsed.
- You need 2 of x 130g packets nacho cheese tortilla corn chips.
- It’s 1 cup of pizza cheese.
- It’s 1 of avocado, sliced.
- You need 250 g of cherry tomatoes, halved.
- It’s 1 of small red onion, halved, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of fresh jalapeno chilli, halved, sliced.
- Prepare of Sour cream, serve.
- Prepare of Fresh coriander leaves, to serve.
- It’s of Lime wedges, to serve.
- Prepare of Mild paprika, to serve.
I can eat them once a week. You wanted an easy vegetarian nachos recipe! No, heating up the oven or waiting as it. Salty, crunchy tortilla chips, fresh guacamole.
Vegetarian nachos step by step
- Preheat grill on high..
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 4 minutes or until just softened. Add garlic, ground coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add zucchini. Cook for 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add lentils. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens..
- Meanwhile, place chips on large baking tray. Top with cheese. Bake for 2 minutes or until golden..
- Top cheese with lentil mixture, avocado, cherry tomato, red onion, chilli and avocado. Sprinkle with fresh coriander. Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with sour cream and lime..
These indulgent vegetarian nachos are great to share with a crowd, but we'll happily look the other way if you feel like serving them as an occasional family dinner. Oh hello, junk food dinner that's. Loaded Vegetarian Nachos: your new favorite party appetizer slash dinner slash quick & heat-free summer meal! NO processed cheese sauces to be found here! These vegetarian nachos flavored with chipotle chiles have all the heartiness of the beef version.