Malaysian Curry Puff – Karipap.
You can have Malaysian Curry Puff – Karipap using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Curry Puff – Karipap
- Prepare of [Dough].
- Prepare 400 g of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 2-4 Tbsp of Margerine (Planta).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cooking Oil (heated).
- It’s as needed of Salt (between 2 pinch to 1 tsp).
- You need 1/2 cup of Cold Water (or more).
- Prepare as needed of Flour (for working).
- It’s of [Filling] – Check my dedicated recipe on Curry Puff Filling.
- It’s 250 g of Chicken.
- It’s 100 g of Potatoes.
- Prepare 100 g of Carrots.
- It’s 30 g of Garlic (minced).
- You need 70 g of Onions (finely diced).
- Prepare 30 g of Fresh Coriander (finely chopped, separate Stems & Leaves).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder.
- Prepare 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- You need 1 cube of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need as needed of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s of [Deep Frying].
- It’s 2 of + cups Cooking Oil.
Malaysian Curry Puff – Karipap step by step
- COOK FILLING: I made a separate post regarding this, as putting everything in one post gets overwhelming. Check out my Chicken Curry Puff Filling post..
- DOUGH DRY: in a large mixing bowl, mix together Flour, Salt and Margerine. Make the Margerine is mixed well by rubbing the Margerine and Flour with your hands..
- DOUGH WET: add in the Heated Cooking Oil and mix well. Next, SLOWLY add the Cold Water, making sure it's mixed well a little at a time, and knead it until it forms a workable, pliable dough. Then let it rest for 30 minutes, covered..
- DOUGH BALL: cut off a gold ball size of dough and arrange it. On a flat work surface, dust the the area with Flour to prevent sticking. Take 1 ball and spread to 1/4 inch thick. It can't be too thin or it won't hold the filling..
- FILL: take a spoonful of Filling and place it in the middle of the dough ball, avoiding the edges. Then, fold the dough and close the edges neatly..
- CRIMP: starting from either ends, 1) pinch the edges outwards to form a ridge. 2) Then fold the ridge at an angle, away from the starting point. 3) Next continue the pinch the next section until you reach the far end. PIC: clockwise from top left..
- DEEP FRYING: heat 2 cups or more of Cooking Oil until hot. Deep fry the Curry Puffs until golden. Serve hot. TIP: you don't have to cook the Curry Puffs immediately, you can save them in the fridge until you want it. Cooked Curry Puffs get soggy with time..