Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta.
You can cook Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of small uncooked pasta.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each chili powder, ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, paprika, smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of pepper, garlic powder.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- You need 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta step by step
- Start out by heating the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Add the onion and cook about 3-4 minutes. Then add the ground beef and cook until browned through, breaking it up as you go. Drain out any excess fat, if needed. Then add the pasta and milk to the skillet.
- Using a tbsp. of the water you have measured, mix it and the cornstarch together in a small separate bowl to form a slurry. Add the rest of the water to the skillet along with the seasonings and the cornstarch slurry. Stir it all together and wait for it to come to a boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's incorporated in. Place the lid back on and let it sit for 5 or so minutes before serving..