Indonesian Sweet Satay. This is an original Indonesian satay. I send it from a long way. Hope all over the world, readers can enjoy it.
An classic Indonesian recipe for Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce, learned from a true Balinese cook in Bali! Put the peanut sauce in a wok or saucepan. Indonesian Satay is traditionally made with beef or chicken, but I found that pork is rather tasty. You can have Indonesian Sweet Satay using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Sweet Satay
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken Fillet (Breast / Thigh).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Peanut Butter.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Sweet Soya Sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of Tamarind Paste.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Galangal Powder.
- You need Half of Onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Coriander Powder.
Satay is a form of Indonesian BBQ in all reality. Every Island has its own way of prepping this meal. Indonesian sweet soy sauce aka kecap manis is one of my most used sauces besides soy sauce and Satay – The famous meat-on-a-stick, is a traditional Malay food typically made from marinated. Sate (or satay, as some spell it in English) is The meat is marinated in spices and sweet soy sauce, in a process called "bacem" and is served with rice or lontong (rice cake).
Indonesian Sweet Satay step by step
- Cubed the Chicken meat, set aside.
- Galangal is a plant in the ginger family, used as an herb in Southeast Asian cookery, with the common names lengkuas, grated galangal, and blue ginger. In South Africa, you can get it dried or powder. Mostly Chinese Supermarket will sell this product, or in Woolworths..
- Tamarind is a tropical fruit used as an additive flavor in cooking, tamarind is high in tartaric acid which adds a tart, sweet, or sour taste to dishes or drinks. As usual for Asian Ingredients you can get it in Chinese Supermarket..
- For onion and garlic you can use mortar and pestle to transform into paste..
- Put all ingredients in a bowl and mix it well..
- Once all ingredients mixed well. Then put the chicken meat into marinate, then set aside or put in the fridge to marinate it for 2 hours..
- Put the chicken meat on the satay stick, then put on the braai or on the stove (as in the picture).
- Chicken sweet satay is ready to eat!.
Spread across an archipelago of islands accommodating hundreds of ethnicities speaking many different languages, Indonesia is a cluster of just as many culinary. Mix sweet soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, oyster sauce oil together and set aside. Popular throughout Southeast Asia and Indonesia, satay is strips of skewered, grilled meat eaten with a fragrant dipping sauce. Here we serve seasoned marinated steak with a spicy peanut sauce for. This simple satay recipe, also known as Thai peanut sauce, can be used to accompany pork or chicken skewers, chicken stir-fry and other Oriental-style dishes.