Grilled Cheese with Corn and Calabrian Chile.
You can have Grilled Cheese with Corn and Calabrian Chile using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled Cheese with Corn and Calabrian Chile
- You need 1 cup of fresh corn kernals.
- You need 3 oz of English cheddar cheese (shredded, approx 3/4 cup).
- It’s 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 oz of provolone cheese (shredded, approx 1/4 cup).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of finely chopped shallot.
- You need 1/4 cup of finely chopped scallion.
- Prepare 1 of medium jarred Calabrian Chile (stemmed, finely chopped).
- You need 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 12 of sourdough bread slices (approx 1/3in thick).
Grilled Cheese with Corn and Calabrian Chile instructions
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium heat until smoking. Add corn and cook, stirring occasionally until tender and charred, approx 3min. Transfer to large bowl and cool approx 10min. Wipe skillet and set aside..
- Add cheddar, mayo, provolone, shallot, scallion, chile, salt and garlic to corn. Combine..
- Spread butter on bread. Place bread butter side down on parchment paper. Spread cheese mixture evenly on top (approx 1/3 cup). Place rest of bread on top..
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Cook sandwiches until golden brown and toasted, approx 3-4min each side..
- Serve warm..