Classic coleslaw!. This version of coleslaw tastes like it should: crunchy, a little creamy, and with enough vinegar to I love coleslaw especially with pulled pork. I did not think there was too much mayonaise, but I do not. Spruce up your family picnic or BBQ with this Classic Coleslaw recipe.
I'm very picky about my coleslaw. Most recipes are either too sweet or too tangy for my taste. This one is the perfect combination for my taste buds. You can have Classic coleslaw! using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic coleslaw!
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage small.
- You need 1 each of carrot small.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh parsley finely chopped.
- You need 1 each of celery seed sprinkling,light.
- Prepare 1 each of salt sprinkling, to taste.
- You need 1 each of black pepper grindings, to taste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cider vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of half and half.
This recipe is by Old Gringo on Group Recipe website. This Classic Coleslaw Recipe is a fresh, made from scratch recipe that will make you never buy store bought coleslaw again! Coleslaw is one of the quintessential salads of summer and the unsung hero. This Classic Coleslaw is a side dish staple in our house.
Classic coleslaw! step by step
- Remove outer leaves of cabbage, core. And shred in 1/8-1/4 inch wide shredded with knife..
- Peel and trim carrot. Grateful on coarse side of grater. Combine with cabbage..
- Sprinkle celery seed, salt, black pepper, and sugar over cabbage mixture, tossing with fork to combine..
- Sprinkle vinegar over mixture and toss again to mix..
- Add mayonnaise and toss to mix..
- Add half and half and toss to mix..
- Turn slaw into covered storage container and refrigerator atleast an hour or up to six hours before serving..
It's the perfect complement to any summer barbecue or grilled meat dish. Crispy cabbage coated in the yummiest, tangy and creamy. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Classic Coleslaw recipe for a low carb lifestyle. This Classic Coleslaw Recipe is completely homemade is so easy to throw together. Shredded green cabbage and carrots are tossed with a homemade creamy coleslaw dressing.