Breakfast “corn dogs”. Hot dogs are skewered on sticks, dipped in corn batter, and then fried to a golden brown. Breakfast Corn dogs (pancake sausage on a stick). We use pancake mix and breakfast sausage to make these Jimmy Dean knock-off's fast and easy!
Instead of corn dogs made with hot dogs, we made corn dogs with sausages and served them for breakfast. Easy, delicious, and fun to eat, these breakfast corndogs will bring a little. It got a hands-down thumbs up! You can have Breakfast “corn dogs” using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast “corn dogs”
- You need 2 cups of pancake mix+water called for on box (prepared).
- You need 10 of breakfast sausage links.
- You need 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- You need 1 cup of warm maple syrup.
- You need 10 of skewers.
Breakfast sausage dipped in a blueberry pancake batter and fried to golden perfection! Serve with warm maple syrup for the ultimate breakfast. Summary: Sausages dipped in cornmeal pancake batter and fried? I still love them today, and so will you!
Breakfast “corn dogs” step by step
- Cook sausage links as directed and allow to cool for 5 minutes..
- Prepare pancake mix as directed and pour into a large TALL glass. The tall glass makes it easier to coat the whole sausage link..
- Push a skewer into each link and dip into flour and tap off the excess. Next dip into pancake batter and place in deep fryer until golden brown turning as needed..
- Allow to cool 5 minutes then dust with powdered sugar and serve with warm syrup to dip if desired. Great for on the go busy morning with the kids!.
For the corn dogs: Fill a deep, medium pot a little more than halfway with vegetable oil. Thanks to maple syrup-sweetened dough, breakfast sausage corn dogs are a tad brighter than the classic version. But best of all, instead of just one kind of hot dog, with breakfast sausage you can get. Prepare corn dogs at home just like you'd get at the fair. Both kids and grown-ups will love this hearty corn dog batter.