Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞.
You can cook Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞 using 11 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞
- Prepare 1 of sub roll, large hot dog roll, baguette, or even a ciabatta bun.
- You need to taste of chunks of roast chicken 🍗.
- It’s to taste of Swiss cheese (I'm using mature cheddar because I'm out.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of smoked bacon (optional) 🐖.
- Prepare 3 slices of Honey roast ham 🍖.
- It’s to taste of torn lettuce (your preference, I'm using iceberg) 🍈.
- You need 1 of sliced or chopped (deseeded) vine ripened tomato 🍅.
- It’s to taste of Thousand Island dressing.
- Prepare to taste of sea salt and ground black pepper to season.
- It’s to taste of torn fresh flat leaf parsley (optional).
- Prepare to taste of smoked paprika (optional).
Tex's Killer Oven-Baked Club Sub 🐷🐔🍞 instructions
- Cook the bacon (if using, I'm using a little bit of extra ham) until almost crispy, but not quite.
- Cut the bacon (if using) into chunks with scissors and allow to cool.
- Get your other ingredients ready to go.
- Deseed the tomato and roughly chop.
- Thinly slice your cheese.
- Cut a little lettuce from the heart, then roughly tear. Don't add so much to your sandwich that it overpowers the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to a high heat.
- Slice the bread like you would a hot dog bun and line with ham. I'm using a panini-pressed ciabatta for the extra width.
- Add the bacon.
- Add the chicken then cover with cheese and a few chunks of tomato.
- Drizzle with Thousand Island dressing, add a little fresh parsley, and season with salt and pepper. I also sprinkle with smoked paprika at this point for a little heat.
- Add some more cheese, season again, and skewer the bread closed 🍢.
- Cook in the oven for a minimum of 8-10 minutes until the cheese bubbles. I'm cooking mine on a cast iron Welsh baking stone.
- The Welsh baking stone can be used in the oven like a pizza stone, for pastries, pies, and breads, or on the stove top, where they're great for cooking flat breads.
- Finish assembly by adding a little lettuce and some more tomato, then drizzling with a little more Thousand Island dressing.
- Serve as a snack or with French fries, and/or chips/potato crisps. I've also added a blob of houmous as a dip for the tortilla chips.