You can have Corn Dogs using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn Dogs
- Prepare 8 of Hot dogs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 8 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Cornmeal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking soda.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 8 of Wooden popsicle sticks.
Corn Dogs instructions
- Preheat 3 in. of oil to 350° in deep 3qt heavy pot pver med-high heat.
- Grill hot dogs in frying pan over med-high heat for 5 mins..
- Cool slightly and insert sticks.
- Put 3 TBSP flour on plate and roll hot dogs in it..
- Whisk cornmeal, 1/2 cup flour, 2 TBSP oil, baking powder, sugar, and 3/4 tsp salt in med bowl..
- Add in 1 egg at a time, whisking in between..
- Whisk in buttermilk..
- Transfer some batter to a tall glass..
- Dip 2-3 dogs at a time..
- Fry, turning occasionally..
- Drain on paper towel..
- Return oil to 350° and repeat..