Roasted Garlic Hummus.
You can cook Roasted Garlic Hummus using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Roasted Garlic Hummus
- You need 2 can of 15.5oz canned garbanzo beans (aka chickpeas).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste ( i start with a half teaspoon).
- You need 1 of lemon juiced.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- You need 5 clove of of roasted Garlic (directions in recipe).
- It’s 2 tbsp of tahini paste (ground sesame paste).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- It’s 1 of paprika for garnish.
Roasted Garlic Hummus step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut a quarter of the top of a head of garlic. Place in tin foil and lightly drizzle with olive oil, about 1 tablespoon. Completely close foil to cover garlic. Place in oven for 30 min. When cooked, open foil and let cool for 15 min so you can squeeze out the cloves. You'll only need about 5 to 6 cloves..
- To a food processor add all ingredients except paprika..
- Turn food processor on to blend ingredients. About 30 seconds. Add water if needed. Shouldn't be runny, and shouldn't be too thick like glue..
- You can drizzle in more oil or more water, very slowly while food processor is running until consistency is met. I like mine to resemble a creamy paste. I blend mind for about 2 to 3 min. Make sure you taste for salt purposes. Add more if needed..
- Sprinkle with paprika and drizzle a bit more olive oil to add a shine and creaminess. Cool in fridge for atleast an hour. Cover with plastic wrap..
- Serve with warm pita bread, pita chips, carrots, celery or add to a sandwich wrap! Yum!!!!.
- Check out my kefta kabob recipe, use this as a condiment! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357298-kefta-kabob.