Everything but the kitchen sink chopped salad. This salad helps keep me from wasting things in my crisper. And when I crave veggies, it's the meal I turn to. I've added chicken for a hit of protein, but any leftover meat will do, or go for a couple of hard-boiled eggs.
This is a great way to use up vegetables Peel the carrots into ribbons, slice the radishes and chop the celery and cucumber. Toss the rest of the veggies and blueberries into the bowl. It requires everything but your kitchen sink! You can have Everything but the kitchen sink chopped salad using 14 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Everything but the kitchen sink chopped salad
- It’s 1 head of iceberg lettuce chopped.
- You need 1 of small head of cabbage chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots grated or a full bag of shredded carrots.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 pints of cherry tomatoes halved.
- Prepare 1 bunch of cilantro chopped or can use parsley.
- Prepare 1 of english cucumber seeded and chopped.
- You need 1 can of black beans drained and rinsed well.
- You need 1 can of whole kernal corn drained and rinsed well.
- Prepare 1 of granny smith apple cored and chopped.
- It’s 1 bag of sliced almonds. this can be found in the produce section at any store.
- You need 1 bag of tortilla salad strips. this can be found in the produce section or salad section of the store.
- You need 1 packages of tyson ready to eat grilled chicken strips warmed and chopped.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs chopped.
In this updated Everything But the Kitchen Sink Soup I'm utilizing my instant pot (with stove top option of course). What's your favorite way to utilize holiday leftovers? I also love making my turkey nacho salad and Vegan Salsa Con Queso, both made. Kitchen Sink Salad recipe: A salad that throws in whatever veggies you have on hand, and topped with a pasta salad, so the dressing is included!
Everything but the kitchen sink chopped salad step by step
- In a large bowl toss all ingredients well..
- Serve. this can be served with any dressing you like. I used a squirt of lemon juice and a dash of evoo..
NOTE: I've added shredded zucchini and corn before, whatever goes, that's what makes it a (everything but the) kitchen sink salad! I prefer to use chicken thighs for sesame chicken chopped salad because they tend to absorb a lot of flavor and stay really juicy. I put everything but the dressing together and grab and go daily. Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain. Chop and dice the eggs, fish, vegetables, cheese and meat.