Mexican Street Corn Salad. This Mexican street corn salad, also known as Esquites, is smoky, spicy, tangy and incredibly delicious. If you love the Mexican corn on the cob then you will love this version. This Mexican Street Corn Salad is a healthy, simple take on elote, the delicious Mexican street vendor version of corn on the cob!
Looking for ways to use up that sweet summer corn? This simple salad hits all the right notes: creamy, spicy, salty, and citrusy, it's the perfect light side for all that heavy summer potluck food. Mexican street corn, or eloté, is a popular treat in Mexico and growing in popularity in the states as well. You can have Mexican Street Corn Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Street Corn Salad
- You need 1 (16 oz) of bag frozen corn – thawed and "drained".
- Prepare 1 of poblano pepper – seeds removed, finely diced.
- Prepare 2 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbs of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbs of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 tbs of fresh cilantro – chopped.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Chipotle chili powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper (optional).
- Prepare of juice of one small lime.
- You need 1/3 cup of Queso fresco, crumbled.
It consists of a corn on the cob with some special toppings, including mayonnaise, Cotija cheese and a chili powder spice. As a salad, this is a little easier to serve and prepare in advance, but has all. All the delights of Mexican street corn (elotes) in salad form, and you don't even have to fire up the grill to make it. This Mexican Street Corn Salad is out of this world good.
Mexican Street Corn Salad instructions
- Spread corn out on a paper towel lined plate to absorb some of the moisture from thawing. Set aside while you deseed and dice the poblano pepper..
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil. As soon as butter is melted add corn and diced pepper. Spread out into an even layer. Let sit untouched for 2-3 minutes or until it starts smelling "toasty". Stir, scraping up any brown bits sticking to bottom, level out and let sit 2 min. Repeat one more time..
- Transfer corn mixture to a medium sized bowl. In a small bowl combine all remaining ingredients except Queso fresco. Drizzle over corn mixture and gently stir to coat..
- Add crumbled queso fresco, gently stir to incorporate. Garnish with additional cilantro and queso fresco if desired. Serve warm or chilled, but it's better warm..
It is so easy to make and full of flavor. It only takes a few minutes to throw together and will blow your mind. In many Mexican restaurants, street corn is one of my favorite dishes. Throw all the ingredients together in a bowl for this delicious salad! This Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is one of my all time favorite meals (salads?) to hit the blog.