Mexican corn and bean salad. The inspiration for this Mexican Corn and Bean Salad came from a recent trip that Scott and I took to Austin, Texas. In Austin, Mexican and Tex-Mex food are the "soup du jour" and tacos of all varieties are the common fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We enjoyed so much of this delicious cuisine while.
This Mexican Street Corn Salad with Black Beans is incredibly flavorful, filling, and can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. It's fantastic for summer potlucks or picnics, as it travels really easily, and serves as a great side dish for lots of different mains. People always love to ask me what my favorite. You can have Mexican corn and bean salad using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican corn and bean salad
- It’s 1 cup of Green bell pepper chopped.
- You need 1 cup of Red bell pepper chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of bell pepper Yellow chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Red kidney bean (rajma) cooked.
- It’s 1 cup of Tomatoes deseeded and chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of corn Cooked.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsps of Oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli flakes.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- You need 1/8 cup of Lime juice.
- You need 1/8 cup of Olive oil.
This Mexican bean salad is such a fast and easy recipe to make. Plus, it's loaded with flavor and textures galore. Two kinds of beans, juicy corn and tomatoes, crisp peppers, and green onions are tossed in a lime-chili-cumin vinaigrette that's perfectly light. Drain the beans and the corn in a colander, rinse thoroughly, and drain well.
Mexican corn and bean salad instructions
- Mix all the chopped vegetables well..
- Combine dressing in a small jar. Toss well into the vegetables. Keep cool in the fridge.
Rinse the tomatoes, remove the core and seeds, and finely dice. Make this southwest quinoa salad for any occasion. Quinoa is one of my favorite foods, how about you? While quinoa is indigenous to the Andes, not Mexico, it works beautifully with Mexican and Southwestern flavors, and especially well with cheese, in particular. This colorful salad is so easy and refreshing!